Following the Friendship Fun Run for Intercambio and KGNU, a team of folks from six of the EFCO companies gathered at Rally for a two hour Strategic Planning session.
Using Rally’s Agile coaches, Ronica, Rachel, Hubert and Tamara, the teams broke up into four groups to help the Intercambio team and board test their thinking with regards to the national expansion plans. The groups topics included:
- The Worst Case Scenario – What if we can only raise $200,000?
- The Wild Upside Case – What we do if we were able to raise double?
- Targeting our Partners – How do we prioritize the new geographies and affiliates?
- What is the best way to share and protect our assets – The intercambio way and database?
Given these topics groups worked through collaborative exercises to expand and challenge their thinking. Finally, they worked to converge on recommendations to move forward with in each area. In my opinion, it was amazing fast and effective session to meld these diverse groups and share insights from our local business teams with this amazing non-profit. And, as a result of the effort, there is now an on-going, skills based volunteering team, that is helping Intercambio re-host its community management database into a more effective model using the non-profit, free-edition, of Salesforce.com. It was all I could have hoped for in our first event.
Thank you to all the teams that participated during the day including members from:
- Rally Software – Winner of the over 10% Participation Award
- Symplified – Winner of the over 10% Participation Award
- Tech Stars
- Foundry Group
Thank you Mike Platt from Cooley, Godward & Kronish LLP and Bill Roberts from Hogan & Hartson LLP. We would not have have felt comfortable taking the leap without your help!